Generators for CRUD operations
Take the advantage of a generator to create standard applications in a couple of clicks
We realize it might be challenging to start building an application from scratch. Apart from that, a lot of time can be spent on building standard apps. To save your time, use a generator.
Generator is used to quickly generate basic components and actions based on your data source.
Once you connect your data source, you can open the Generator tab and find the suggestions created upon the structure of your tables. A generator is available for a Table, a Form, a Metric, and a Chart. Apart from the components, the actions are also pre-defined. You can select any suggestion that works best for you, e.g. add a standard table or a table with the ability to add, update and delete the data.
Let's go through the process of creating a simple application with a generator.
Example application built on a generator
- 2.Proceed to the builder and open the Components pane.
- 3.Click on the generator icon to open the list of available suggestions for your application.
4. By default, you will see a set of standard components in the list. If you need a table with additional options, such as add, update and delete the data right in the table, type CRUD in the search bar. Put a necessary table onto the canvas and adjust its appearance if required.
Adding a CRUD table
5. As a next step, we will add a Form near the table. You can type orders form into the search bar to find the required form. Place the form near the table onto the canvas. Notice that the ADD action has been created automatically as well.
6. You can follow the same process to add a Metric and a Chart.
7. The application is now ready to be used. Click the Deployment button, assign a name and a version to the current release and click Deploy to publish your app. The shareable links will be provided at the button of the Deployment window.
Next, if you want to further play around with your data, these articles might help: