Introduction to UI Bakery data sources
Start building your apps by connecting your data source. UI Bakery allows connecting your data from a database or with any API:
- databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- external APIs (Google Sheets, Firebase, etc.);
- internal APIs.
The data sources in UI Bakery are global, meaning that once set up, each data source can be used across different applications. You can manage data sources access permissions for different user roles.
- 1.To connect to your data source, click the Data sources button in the left bottom corner of the menu.
2. Click Connect to configure the necessary data source.
3. In the appeared window, select your data source. Specify the access details and click Test connection to check, whether the connection could be established. If the test is successful, click Connect data source to complete the setup.
If you prefer not to connect your data source right away, you can try using test MySQL or test HTTP data sources.
Using test data source
The newly added data source will appear under the list of all available data sources. You can edit the settings or remove it from the list when necessary.
If you modify or delete a datasource, it will affect all the applications where that data source was used.
By default, the admins and editors of your workspace have the whole permissions set to manage the data sources (can add new, edit and remove the existing data sources). The workspace members with a user role have read-only permissions to all the data sources. You can control the access of the users and those users with a custom role.
To manage access to the data sources, follow these steps:
- 1.On the Data sources page, click the Manage access settings button:
2. In the appeared window, in the Roles section, click the edit icon near the required role, and navigate the Data sources section. You can edit the list of the data sources available to the users, as well as manage the access for the users on a custom role:
By default, the newly created data sources can be used by every role. Remove the Use tick from the necessary role to restrict the data source's usage.
To be able to connect to your data source in the cloud version, you need to whitelist our IP:
The process might be a little different for different databases, below you can find the links to a couple of them: